Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop files downloaded from the cloud, automatically deleting?

Whenever I download a movie or tv episode from iCloud onto any of my devices, either MacBook Pro, early 2015 model, 2.7GHz or iPad, 3rd gen, 16GB (only one at a time), they automatically delete themselves from the devices hardrive. This will be before I have even had a chance to watched them, and I have to then re-download from the cloud. There is always enough storage for the files on any of the devices, so there is no issue of space. I also manually deleted files I no longer needed to increase storage once I have watched a file. Plus the files do completely download and the wifi connections I use are strong and fast. It's so frustrating when you have spent the time to download only for it to disappear moments after - help please?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 3:56 PM

There are no replies.

How do I stop files downloaded from the cloud, automatically deleting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.