Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5-6 hour battery life on brand new iPod touch (6th Gen)

Hi Guys, I recently bought an iPod touch 16 GB (2015 6th generate),

but the usage time only last about 5~6 hours (not the standby time)

i don't have any heavy APPs on my iPod, it's mainly used for safari/calendar/email.

is this normal or I should get it checked? since it has been advertised to have 8 hour battery life for video.

and the APPs i'm using (safari etc ) should drain less battery and last longer?

it comes with IOS8, I updated to 9.0.2.

any help is appreciated

iPod touch, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:00 AM

I've noticed this with my new 6th generation iPod, as well. I have my screen brightness way down (as low as it can go, when it's dark; and just barely a bit higher than that--maybe about 10%--in light). The most usage time I've gotten, so far, is 7 hours and a few minutes. I've had to charge my iPod every day, since I bought it. My old 2nd generation iPod battery, which is over 6 years old, lasts longer!!! My usage has consisted of simply configuring the new iPod, as well as, using Safari, and the Music program. I haven't watched a single video with it (don't want to waste a precious battery cycle trying it out!!!). Very disappointed in the battery life. Although, I did get over 7 hours one time, I usually only get about 5 hours. I got 7 hours when I listened to music, with the screen off, for a couple of hours. If I do anything else, which requires the screen, I don't get more than about 5 hours.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 5:00 AM in response to j8688

I've noticed this with my new 6th generation iPod, as well. I have my screen brightness way down (as low as it can go, when it's dark; and just barely a bit higher than that--maybe about 10%--in light). The most usage time I've gotten, so far, is 7 hours and a few minutes. I've had to charge my iPod every day, since I bought it. My old 2nd generation iPod battery, which is over 6 years old, lasts longer!!! My usage has consisted of simply configuring the new iPod, as well as, using Safari, and the Music program. I haven't watched a single video with it (don't want to waste a precious battery cycle trying it out!!!). Very disappointed in the battery life. Although, I did get over 7 hours one time, I usually only get about 5 hours. I got 7 hours when I listened to music, with the screen off, for a couple of hours. If I do anything else, which requires the screen, I don't get more than about 5 hours.

5-6 hour battery life on brand new iPod touch (6th Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.