Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp takes hours to boot

I installed windows 7 through bootcamp on my mac about a year and a half ago. But now whenever i go and hold down alt while rebooting or set windows to be the default startup disk it takes around about 10 hours to boot. I reset my mac entirely except for the windows portion to see if that would fix it, but it didn't. I really need to know how to fix it because I don't want to wait half a day just to restart windows.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 2009 24inch 1920x1200 16:10 4GB Ram

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:04 PM

11 replies

Oct 12, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Loner T

Third party. I use a Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition for my keyboard and a Thermaltake eSports Black V2 Gaming Mouse. I own a first party apple wireless mouse and wired keyboard but my mouse is somewhere in the garage and i'm unable to look for it today. Why would using a first party keyboard and mouse change anything?

Oct 12, 2015 2:54 PM in response to PookGamer

The BT Broadcom driver in the $WinPEDriver$ has a much easier time with Apple wireless devices. If you can find them, they are worth a test.

Are your Razor and Gaming mouse also paired to other computers or to more than one OS on the same machine. My suspicion is that the pairing (or lack thereof) is causing the boot to be slow.

Bootcamp takes hours to boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.