Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Computer, where should my media live?

So a little background...I currently own a Macbook Pro and have used that as my primary machine for the last few years. I also have an iPhone and an iPad Mini where I have some media, but the main iTunes library and Photos are located on my Macbook. I've got an 800 GB hard drive and about 500 GB are available. So I'm not hurting for storage space. However, my wife was using a super old PC laptop that just crashed. So, we decided to buy a Mac Mini for our home office. We both have our own profiles on that machine. I'm curious as to the benefits/drawbacks to changing everything over to my Mini instead of hosting it all on my Macbook? Is that even worth doing? I would basically move all my photos to the Mini and have the full files stored on that machine where my Macbook would only have the low-res versions. As for music, I'm not exactly sure how that would work but I would make my full library with all songs downloaded on the Mini and the Macbook would have whatever music I want to listen to right now.

So I guess my question is...is this even worth doing? Will I gain anything by doing this or will it just be a waste of time?

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:40 PM

There are no replies.

New Computer, where should my media live?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.