Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my Photo Stream album?

My iPad has been missing its photostream album for some time now. I have toggled all settings on and off across all my devices and sit still never shows up on my iPad. It works great on my iPhone 6 and MacBook Pro. Does the original iPad Mini not get a photostream album anymore?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:26 PM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2015 10:00 AM in response to Ben824

Ben824,

I had this problem as well and I just wasted about an hour and half looking for an answer which Apple should just list on the Troubleshooting page

and save people a lot of time. Firstly go to your settings/ icloud then click on photos shut off the very first option which is Icloud photo library.

Then turn off all the others below then go back and this time don't turn on Icloud Photo Library (skip it) and just turn on My Photo Stream and the ones

you want below. That should get your My photo stream folder back under Albums in Photo's app. Then every pic you take from that point on will go into

that folder. I guess now with the ICloud Photo Library will be the one to automatically do that but unclear why they kept the stream. They need to clarify

that a little better on their generic explanations of things on how things actually work. Sorry for the vent after the answer.

Peace and good luck.

Nov 24, 2015 6:07 AM in response to Ben824

I think that if you've enabled iCloud photos for all your devices, you won't see a photo stream album. However, if you have a device that doesn't have iCloud Photo library, then this device's photos can be imported into a Photo Stream Album and you can send new photos to that photo stream album on those devices as well. (as indicated on my iMac's Photos Preferences under My Photo Stream. So the photo stream functions remain for those devices that are not on iCloud Photo Library. I haven't been able to test this though as all my devices are on the cloud...

Where is my Photo Stream album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.