Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my Iphone sync in my Ford Escape? It did before I did the updates.

My iphone 4s will no longer sync in my 2013 Ford Escape. It did until a couple weeks ago. . Ford told me it is because of the updates that Apple puts out. They intentionally make changes so your phone so it will no longer work so you have to purchase a new phone. If I have to purchase a new phone because of this it will not be another apple product.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:39 PM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2015 4:24 PM in response to Studio61

Ford told me it is because of the updates that Apple puts out. They intentionally make changes so your phone so it will no longer work so you have to purchase a new phone.

That is a completely absurd statement. If Ford said that, Apple would sue them. If it is your idea, read the first sentence.

It is up to Ford to make their hardware/software work with Apple, not the other way around. Incidentally, Ford and everyone else with third party software has Apple software specifications well in advance of general release.

Before you comment, I do not work for Apple.

Barry

Oct 8, 2015 4:43 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Thanks for replying to my question.It was my local ford dealership that told me that my phone didn't work because of the updates, and I think it was the serviceman's personal opinion that they do that so you have to buy a new phone. He also said that the phone manufacturers update so often that it is very difficult for the car manufacturers to keep up.. They checked and my car system is up to date. It made sense to me because my phone stopped connecting after I updated it. I paired my husband's phone and it works fine. Connects every time I turn on the car. My 4s will work if I pair it every time I get in the car, just won't connect automatically.

Oct 8, 2015 6:23 AM in response to Studio61

First, I must apologize for my earlier testy post. It annoys me when people attribute things to anyone (Apple included) that, on the surface, have several other explanations. The service person at the dealership should have a little training session with his/her management. Believe me, Apple would not single out Ford owners to require them to buy a new phone.

I do not know of any setting that would affect the automatic connection.

There are a couple of things you might try....may help, cannot hurt.

1. Reset the phone by holding the power and home keys down until the Apple logo appears.

2. Turn the phone off and then delete the car (in settings>Bluetooth). Then turn the phone on and re-pair it with the car.

FWIW, my iPhone (5S, but that should not be relevant) pairs automatically with my Mazda6.

Barry

Oct 8, 2015 9:01 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Ok, I did what you suggested. paired the phone and it connected. I turned off the car and turned it back on and the phone next to SYNC reads Not Connected when I touch SYNC I get a message - Connection Unsuccessful make sure "SYNC" is turned on and in range. It shows up on my car that it is there but will not connect unless I delete it and re-pair it. Any other suggestions? I stopped back in at the ATT store this morning and asked them again and they told me it is because of the updates.

Oct 8, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Studio61

I am sorry to say I am out of suggestions.

Does Ford have any on-line contact information? Perhaps someone at their corporate level would have a workaround or, at least, a confirmation that a fix might be forthcoming. I do not know what auto manufacturers put into their products to allow Bluetooth connectivity. I have not done any analysis of this issue on here, but it is not universal.....as mine (and others) works.

Barry

Why won't my Iphone sync in my Ford Escape? It did before I did the updates.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.