Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme will not discover Nest Smoke/CO detector. Has anyone experienced this?

I recently purchased a Nest smoke/CO detector that has iPhone/iPad connectivity through a Nest app. I cannot get Airport Extreme to discover the device. Has anyone experienced this?

iMac 21.5 inch, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB memory

OS X Yosemite, V10.10.5

Airport Extreme, V7.6.4, 802.11 a/b/g/n

Nest Protect, wired 120V

Nest App V5.1.2

iPhone 5S, V8.3

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:12 AM

The Nest products work poorly with apple routers..

It isn't that the apple cannot find the Nest.. it is the Nest cannot find the airport.

Make sure your names are all short 2-20 characters, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

Make sure the passwords are 8-20 characters pure alphanumeric mixed case and numbers.

If you still have trouble set the 2.4ghz to fixed channel, try 11, 8, 6 in that order.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 4:12 AM in response to comcasticjack

The Nest products work poorly with apple routers..

It isn't that the apple cannot find the Nest.. it is the Nest cannot find the airport.

Make sure your names are all short 2-20 characters, no spaces and pure alphanumeric.

Make sure the passwords are 8-20 characters pure alphanumeric mixed case and numbers.

If you still have trouble set the 2.4ghz to fixed channel, try 11, 8, 6 in that order.

Airport Extreme will not discover Nest Smoke/CO detector. Has anyone experienced this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.