Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto will not update via the app store

Hey Guys,

I have recently update my Macbook Pro to El Capitan and for some reason it will not let me update iPhoto via the app store. I select update and enter my password etc... and then I get a pop up window saying that 'This item is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.' I've tried updating a few times in the last couple of weeks and still not joy today! 😟. Is anyone else having this issue? Or does anyone know how to troubleshoot this.

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.0.2, 2013

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:00 PM

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 6:00 PM in response to dandan9854

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

iPhoto will not update via the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.