Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos aren't uploading from iPhone to iCloud Photos

Neither the Photo app on my iMac nor the Photos in iCloud are up-to-date with pictures I've taken on my iPhone (however, the Photo's on my Mac and the Photos in iCloud are synced.) The last photo on Photos is dated 9/5; I've taken many pictures since then but they've not uploaded from my iPhone 6+. I've checked the "settings" on all devices and for iCloud and they all indicate photos would be uploaded to iCloud. I have IOS 9 on my iPhone 6+ and El Cap OS X on my mac; Photo's version 1.1 on my Mac.

It appears there's an update available for iPhoto version 9.6.1 but when I try to update it I get "An error occurred during purchase" message and when I click on the icon for iPhoto in my App updates screen I get a message saying that product isn't available in the U.S. store.

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:34 PM

10 replies

Dec 2, 2017 1:58 AM in response to Tim Parkinson

I've just bought a new iPhone and didn't want to restore from a backup. this meant activating iCloud and photo streaming. I couldn't work out why sometimes the photos would appear on the new phone but then stop updating.

I've just plugged my old iPhone into a power source and the images are syncing.

It makes sense as not to drain battery power but I don't think this seems to be mentioned on the Apple site. At least not in the iPhone app itself.

Oct 8, 2015 12:57 AM in response to Tim Parkinson

Please start by telling us your “iCloud Photo Library” and “My Photo Stream” settings on all of your devices. (Settings > Photos & Camera on your iOS device and Photos > Preferences > iCloud on your Mac)

Please also advise if there is any ongoing sync activity on any of your devices (Activity includes uploading, updating, downloading or preparing).

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

If you have activity in any of these places, how long has it been like this.

Do you have any referenced photos in your library (create a smart album if you aren't sure)

User uploaded file

photos aren't uploading from iPhone to iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.