Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud locked iPhone 5S

I purchased a phone from a person on Craigslist. The phone is not stolen, he was the first owner but due to not paying bills, he sold the phone. But the problem I have is he moved and has changed the contact info and the iPhone is iCloud locked. I am not sure what to do. Please help me.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:51 PM

4 replies

Oct 7, 2015 3:19 AM in response to Ankit from Loves Park

Unfortunately, you cannot do very much with your phone unless you get assistance from the previous owner, they should either provide you with the password to unlock it or remove their account from the phone entirely remotely through iCloud.com > Find My Phone.

If you aren't able to get assistance from the owner and are unable to get a refund for your purchase, please dispose of the device responsibly by sending it for recycling.

Oct 7, 2015 6:21 AM in response to Ankit from Loves Park

I've helped all that anyone can, nobody can do anything more (except the original owner), you have a useless phone that nobody would give you anything for, all I can hope is that you learn from this experience and purchase from reputable sources in the future and look after the environment by recycling the phone sensibly rather than just trashing it.

Sorry you didn't like the answer, I assumed you wanted the truth.

Oct 7, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Ankit from Loves Park

If he was the first owner he should have unlocked icloud. If he didn't - he defrauded you and you if you wish can pursue the legal action. If he sold that phone to you as working phone and didn't pay bills there is a chance you will not be able to activate it on any network - that is a double fraud to my opinion.

Sorry I didn't see you don't want anyone to reply, cause nobody here will be able to help you. Please ignore my reply.

iCloud locked iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.