Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo booth app help

Hi there, I just had an extremely important interview for school and recorded it through my photo booth app. It was about 45 minutes long and the person I interviewed was so important and extremely inspiring and I really enjoyed speaking with her. I did not think anything of it, I hit play and it recorded and I know this because at the end of the interview I hit stop. I folded up my computer and came home to open it up and click on it. When I clicked on it (in photo booth library) the screen was all blue and looked like it was processing (like it was trying to load or find it). I waited a few seconds for it load, and the next thing I know.... IT'S GONE! It disappeared and I have no clue where it went or even how to find it. I'm so frustrated and sad because the last thing I want to do is re ask the questions, yet I could try to reinterpret from memory... it's just not the same. PLEASE HELP! I'm desperate and truly not a computer person so I wouldn't even know where to look for it if it's hiding somewhere..... Thanks and any feedback is greatly appreciated! 😉

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:04 PM

I assume you no longer see this video toward the bottom of Photo Booth just above the start recording button.

First, once Photo Booth is open, try Edit > Undo Delete from Photo Booth's menu. That might work if Photo Booth was never actually closed since you recorded the video.

If Photo Booth was closed and the video was deleted, it should have ended up in your trash. If you see a ".mov" file in the trash, control-click it and select "Open Wish ... Quick Time Player."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 11:04 PM in response to aimansfield4

I assume you no longer see this video toward the bottom of Photo Booth just above the start recording button.

First, once Photo Booth is open, try Edit > Undo Delete from Photo Booth's menu. That might work if Photo Booth was never actually closed since you recorded the video.

If Photo Booth was closed and the video was deleted, it should have ended up in your trash. If you see a ".mov" file in the trash, control-click it and select "Open Wish ... Quick Time Player."

Oct 7, 2015 11:07 PM in response to sberman

So I think I may have found the file... and when I go to it and click 'open with' Quicktime player... it looks like it will start for a second and then it says it cannot convert file or something and it says 'to learn more' click more info in apple support advising me to either; download a new app or upgrade but it's not working. I might try to take it in somewhere to have someone who knows about computers help me retrieve it. I see the file though, I see the time and date it was created and I know that it's there somewhere, I'm just not computer savvy! Thanks for you help and any other advice would be great.

Photo booth app help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.