Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

( os x 10.11 El capitan ) interface (tascam stop working?

i just upgrade ( os x 10.11 El capitan ) and my interface (tascam stop working?.. does any one know how to make it work again!?. or if there is an alternative way to make it work!?. Thanks!.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:02 PM

19 replies

Oct 6, 2015 8:37 PM in response to babowa

this is what they send me :

As the official version of El Capitan was recently released, we are

in the process of testing the compatiblity of various models. Once we

have the final results (hopefully by the end of the month), they will be

posted in the NEWS section of the website.

do you know if there is another way i can make my interface work!? .

using el capitan?

Oct 12, 2015 12:35 AM in response to Luisxx18

I have the Tascam US 1800 myself and I just upgraded to El Capitan and won't work either. I am thinking of restoring back to Yosemite at least until Tascam figures out and gets the drivers on the website for download. The model is discontinued so not sure if they will have an updated driver, however since it is a very popular model they probably will have a driver available soon. I am going to check in with them this week.

Oct 15, 2015 10:27 AM in response to willnnawlins

Hi guys.

I have a US-1641, the model that pre-dates the 1800, and I have the same issue. Logic sees it but will not work at all with it selected as a source. I've also had many hangs, spins, and kernel panics while the device is attached to my machine since upgrading. All symptoms of an incompatible driver. Tascam's site only shows drivers for these devices running OS's as late as Yosemite. I hope they eventually update them.

But for now I'm in the process of wiping my machine and re-installing Yosemite. I'd suggest you guys do the same. Oh, and of course, backup first.

-Adam

Oct 25, 2015 2:40 AM in response to Luisxx18

I've got the US-600, same problem as you. I had do remove the drivers as well becase they seem to slow down my machine even with audio card not plugged in. A couple of days ago I've noticed something intereseting, after 10.11.1 update: Native Instruments plugins (that weren't working after 10.11 update) now are ok, and plugging the US-600 dont's slow down anymore the system. Unfortunately now there's no driver installed and (as said in v.3.00 drivers release notes) they cannot be re-installed... Someone knows which files I have to restore to Library or other system folders to try if the audio card is working now?

Oct 25, 2015 4:09 AM in response to Artemysia

UPDATE:

I've managed to restore the drivers/configuration files in original positions, now the device is available again in Tascam Control Panel and in audio settings.

Unfortunately, no changes in behaviour: when plugged in the device is still not working, it emits only clicks" and system is slowed down.

At this point, I fear the only way to solve the issue is waiting for a new driver update, or replace the audio card :/ I hope they will release the driver as soon as possible, last year the first beta was released in January (3 months after the OSX update... 😟 )

Oct 26, 2015 9:22 PM in response to Luisxx18

I contacted Tascam and got this response:

As the official version of El Capitan was recently released, we are in the process of testing the compatibility of various models. Once we have the final results (hopefully by the end of the month), they will be posted in the NEWS section of the website.

If you use Time Machine to back up your Mac, you do have the ability to revert back to your prior OS if necessary.. Contact Apple for further details.

Thank you for your interest in TASCAM products.

Oct 29, 2015 3:03 PM in response to Luisxx18

Its same ocour whit M-Audio Legacy interface. To resolve make this:

Turning Off Rootless System Integrity Protection in OS X El Capitan 10.11 +

Again, the vast majority of Mac users should not disable rootless. Disabling rootless is aimed exclusively at advanced Mac users. Do so at your own risk, this is not specifically recommended.

1. Reboot the Mac and hold down Command + R keys simultaneously after you hear the startup chime, this will boot OS X into Recovery Mode
  2. When the “OS X Utilities” screen appears, pull down the ‘Utilities’ menu at the top of the screen instead, and choose “Terminal”
  3. Type the following command into the terminal then hit return:
  4. csrutil disable; reboot
  5. You’ll see a message saying that System Integrity Protection has been disabled and the Mac needs to restart for changes to take effect, and the Mac will then reboot itself automatically, just let it boot up as normal

http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/05/disable-rootless-system-integrity-protection-mac- os-x/

Work fine to me

( os x 10.11 El capitan ) interface (tascam stop working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.