Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off email contact suggestions?

OK...So when composing a new email, I start to type the name of the individual I want to email and I am given not just the contact I want, but groups that are created based off me emailing this individual and additional people in the past. Ex below.

-Contact A, Contact B, Contact C,

-Contact A, Contact D

-Contact A. <-- this is the only person I want to email, why is this not the first name to appear??

-Contact A, Contact C, Contact E (ETC).

I have on more than one occasion emailed a group of people when it was meant for a single contact. There has to be an option to turn this off...I just can't seem to find it. Suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:38 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 7:47 PM in response to elcpu

I have that turned off, however I still have the issue which is:

Lets say in the past I have written one email that contains the recipients Brian, Kathy and Laura. Then, at a later date I craft a new email and start typing "Brian" but then Kathy and Laura also show up under Brian as a group contact. Its that feature I want to disable.

The email account is on an Exchange server.

How do I turn off email contact suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.