Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar not displaying return flight

1. On my Mac Pro, Calendar I finally got it to automatically display flight information, but it doesn't display the return flight. Example: It automatically displays Chicago to New Orleans on the 23rd, but does not show the return flight on the 27th.

2. I changed to different flight numbers on the same day. My Apple Watch updated the flight from Chicago to New Orleans, but didn't update the flight information for the return on the 27th.

Is this a bug, or is there a setting I'm missing?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:12 PM

5 replies

Oct 6, 2015 6:20 PM in response to RCaauwe

A flight is usually ONE Calendar item, a single event on one date at one time. Calendar can deal with that easily.

There is no underlying construct for the return-part. You could treat it as a separate event (which is what I expect your travel software would do for you) and post it separately. Or you could call the whole thing a TRIP that starts here and has a long duration and ends there, but that would be unusual.

What tools are you using to get these items onto your calendar, and who is holding the master calendar, iCloud?

Oct 6, 2015 6:31 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

At first the trip was not displayed on my Calendar. I made some changes in Settings and somehow the trip showed up on the Calendar. So I don't know what I did to get it turned on.

I don't know what my default is. I went to my iCloud account online and the same calendar is there, but don't see anywhere to indicate what my default is.

So..how do you determine which is your default Calendar? I have been using the one that comes with the operating system. It's not a 3rd party app.f

Oct 6, 2015 7:17 PM in response to RCaauwe

Ok the way this is all supposed to work for many devices -- is you have a Calendar (account) on iCloud, and you display it on all your devices. Any updates you make get updated on the master calendar, then reflected back onto your Mac and your iDevices.

But if you are not careful, you can end up with multiple Different calendars NOT referring to the master calendar on iCloud, but instead acting as stand-alone calendars.

Once you are certain ALL your devices are all properly referring to the same master Calendar, there is one more potential problem. If your device(s) (especially your Mac ) are offline for a while, it will only have a copy of the last stuff that it was displaying. Any changes you made on your iPhone can't be reflected on your Mac until it gets back onto a Wi-Fi Network and gets the updates from iCloud.

Calendar not displaying return flight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.