Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Pro will only boot about 3/4ths of the way!

my Mac Pro only boots about 3/4ths of the way and then stops. I left it for almost 2 hours and it just stayed where it was at. What should I do? Thanks for the help

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 9:36 PM

Turn on Verbose Mode. Then it will scroll messages up the screen as it boots up. When the messages stop moving, write down the last three lines or so and post them here.

How to start up your Mac in single-user or verbose mode - Apple Support

29 replies

Oct 7, 2015 8:59 AM in response to Zallen100

I Get a progress bar and the apple but the progress bar only goes about 3/4ths of the way

if the progress bar grows from the left end and fills about 1/3 of the way before stalling, your Hard Drive was found to be too damaged, and could not be mounted. while it is filling the progress bar to this point, your Mac is doing the equivalent of Disk Utility ( Repair Disk [directory]).

-- if this fixes everything in one pass, your Mac will continue to boot up normally.

-- If the drive continues to be unmountable, your Mac may power off, or may crash or behave in unexpected ways.

If you can, boot into Recovery. None of the 42 lb silver tower Mac Pros support Internet Recovery, but the 11 in high dark cylinder does.

My Mac Pro will only boot about 3/4ths of the way!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.