Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad frozen....power off slide button does not respond nor does the slide button to unlock and use ipad

How can I get the touch screen to respond? It does not unlock nor does it shut down, even when holding power button for over 30 seconds. The slide to unlock and the slide to power off do not respond. There is 100% power.

iPad

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:19 AM

Have you tried a soft-reset ? Press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear and it should reboot.

6 replies

May 6, 2016 6:57 PM in response to nsavin

Hi i got the same problem. I just got the new Ipad Pro today, after setting everythings done. The apple asking for the update new version ? I clicked agree...since then, the screen frozen with the apple logo and light up. I tried about 10 times with holding both home&power buttons. It shut and turned on the same screen with logo.

Any suggestion ? please ... I just got it 😟

ipad frozen....power off slide button does not respond nor does the slide button to unlock and use ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.