Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I ran Disc Utility verify and correct errors. It said there is a SUID problem and that it would not be fixed. I have problems with the RETURN key not working and sometimes I cannot add text.

It said there is a SUID problem and that it would not be fixed. I have problems with the RETURN key not working and sometimes I cannot add text. I recently added adblock so I looked for it with a plan to discard it.

Since the estimate to wipe and reinstall might have resulted in reinstalling the same conflict, and cost $300 I decided to try using my administrator account. Now I have to use the trackpad by a forceful click instead of a light touch. The return key works but something still seems quirky.

The only other thing I have been doing differently is trying to learn Accessibility so I could help my blind friend. Could that cause a conflict?

After my original hard drive failed he installed a SSD, in case that makes a difference.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Safari 7.1.7

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 6:09 PM

There are no replies.

I ran Disc Utility verify and correct errors. It said there is a SUID problem and that it would not be fixed. I have problems with the RETURN key not working and sometimes I cannot add text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.