Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought a used IPad and can't update my apps cause the square that appears asking for Apple ID and password still has previous owners name that shows and I don't know how to change it

bought a second hand IPad and when it shows me that I have apps that needed to be updated the pop up screen that asks me for my password still has the previous owners Apple ID that shows up . And I can't figure out how to change that. I've changed it every where else but it still shows in pop up screen. How do I change it

iPhone 5c, Other OS

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:09 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2015 12:25 AM in response to G2thaMa

If those apps were downloaded by the previous owner then only his/her id can download updates to them - all content is tied to the account that downloaded it. If that is the case then delete those apps and buy/download them on your account (your account is logged in in Settings > iTunes & App Store , Settings > App And iTunes Stores on iOS 9 ?).

Your account is logged in in Settings > iCloud ? If the previous owner is still logged in and Find My iPad is enabled on that screen and the iPad is on iOS 7+ (Settings > General > About > Version) then you should contact the previous owner and ask him/her to remove the iPad from their account, otherwise you will face activation lock if you reset the iPad or update the iOS version on it : Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support and Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support)

Bought a used IPad and can't update my apps cause the square that appears asking for Apple ID and password still has previous owners name that shows and I don't know how to change it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.