Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes shows 18GB being used by "Apps" . . . where do I get a break down?

{iPad Mini Retina 64GB, running iOS 9.0.2}

I'd like to see which apps are using up the storage on my iPad (wasn't sure whether to post it in here or on iTunes, since iTunes is where I can see the graph showing how much space apps are using).

The graph at the bottom tells me that 18GB are being used by "Apps" (significantly more than my music, photos, or videos). I'd like to see a break down of which apps are using so much, is this possible?

I've gone to iCloud on the iPad (iCloud > Manage Storage > This iPad> Backup Options . . . but the backup for my iPad is only 12GB (including all my pictures), so that's not getting me the information I need.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

iPad Mini, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:03 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 8:48 PM in response to lrw5

You can't get this type of "breakdown" on iTunes. All iTune will show are "Apps" with a single bar indicating the storage usage of all apps. The best you can do is to check on the device itself under:

Settings/General/Storage & iCloud Usage/Storage/Manage Storage.

This will compile a list of all installed apps on the device & how much storage space they use. Tap on the displayed apps to get details on how much space is used by the app itself and how much space is used for the app's Documents & Data.

iTunes shows 18GB being used by "Apps" . . . where do I get a break down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.