Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen stuck when using "Phone" app on iPhone 4S

Hi,

I updated my iPhone 4S 16GB to iOS 9.0.1. When I touch the "Phone" app it opens and Screen stuck. Can't access to Recent/Favourite/Keypad/Contacts. When i go to Settings - Phone ; Screen stuck.

Now I recently update my iphone to iOS 9.0.2; but the problem still appear. When I reset all settings in my device "Phone" app works but some times this stuck problem appear again and again.

Anybody has this issue?? Please give me proper solution.

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:09 PM

I get the stuck screen occasionally on various apps too - phone, calendar, texts, etc., and sometimes the screen will flash black and come back to whatever it was on before, or it will go to the Home screen, or just get stuck on the Home screen and not allow me to do anything. That's when I do a reset by holding down the Home and On/Off buttons (about 5-10 seconds) until the phone turns off and goes to the Apple logo. Then I release the buttons and let it fully reboot. Everything seems to work again, at least for awhile, until it or something else happens. Then I just reset it again the same way. and I'm good to go until the next time. Not sure why, but I find doing this reset thing seems to fix lots of things.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 10:09 PM in response to Lahiruwickz

I get the stuck screen occasionally on various apps too - phone, calendar, texts, etc., and sometimes the screen will flash black and come back to whatever it was on before, or it will go to the Home screen, or just get stuck on the Home screen and not allow me to do anything. That's when I do a reset by holding down the Home and On/Off buttons (about 5-10 seconds) until the phone turns off and goes to the Apple logo. Then I release the buttons and let it fully reboot. Everything seems to work again, at least for awhile, until it or something else happens. Then I just reset it again the same way. and I'm good to go until the next time. Not sure why, but I find doing this reset thing seems to fix lots of things.

Oct 6, 2015 10:23 PM in response to schoodle

Thanks for the Reply:

I already did the what you said:

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

But this method is "OK" for some time but again it become stuck. In my case its only the "Phone" app going stuck. Actually i got this problem with updating my device in to iOS 9.0 ; Before that device worked well without any issues. I wont to know whether it will be a Software error or Settings error. Currently in my device 9.6GB free Memory available; i think it wouldn't be a problem for this issue.

Oct 13, 2015 10:42 AM in response to Lahiruwickz

You're not alone. I have this same issue and it's so annoying. I always have to reset all settings before my phone app becomes responsive and some minutes later it becomes unresponsive again. Even sometimes when I'm charging my phone the battery percentage won't increase nor decrease then later on my phone will incessantly restart itself like it's trying to update the battery or something. I've restored my iPhone several times still no luck. Apple please do something. I'm losing my mind iPhone 4S iOS 9.0.2

Screen stuck when using "Phone" app on iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.