Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Firefox shows security error after logging in

When I go to icloud.com using Firefox (41.0.1), it shows the green lock in the address bar. After I signed in and opened my mail, I noticed a triangle with an exclamation point, and when I click on the triangle, it says this connection is not secure. Before and after logging in, it shows an https: in the URL. When using Chrome, I am not having this issue with icloud showing an unsecure connection. When I log into other secure site with Firefox, I am not seeing the unsecure site error as I do with iCloud.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.4GHz Core i7, 16GB 1333MHz DDR3

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:54 PM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 5:26 AM in response to snuz

I think different browsers are picking up on slight differences in server configurations. If you look at the details of the warning I suspect you'll find the connection is still technically secure, but may not be using the most secure protocols currently available. A similar issue was raised yesterday in another thread about the ASC sign in page. I've passed that on to the hosts here and will make them aware of this one too.

tt2

Firefox shows security error after logging in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.