Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9.02 email not working

After installing 9.02, all my email messages disappeared and email would not load. I deleted the account and reinstalled it as a POP instead of IMAP. Now I can receive email but it still won't send email. What else can I do?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:17 PM

1 reply

Oct 6, 2015 7:33 PM in response to artjournal22

If it is an IMAP account reset it as follows:

Try resetting your Mail Account and system by following these steps (please do not skip any steps). First close your Mail App completely from the multitasking window by double clicking the Home button and swiping up the Mail preview pane up until it disappears from the screen. You may have to look for the Mail pane by scrawling to the left as there may be other panes there from other apps. Then go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > locate your email provider and click on the account. Then on the next page Delete Account. Then do a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything. Then go back to Settings > Mail… and add the account again.

ios 9.02 email not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.