Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to understand if my mid-2012 MacBook Pro has USB 3.0 ports -- I think it should but it seems like it doesn't?

User uploaded file

This is a picture of my "USB Device Tree". Why does it say I have a USB 3.0 but I am only connected to USB 2.0? Does this mean I really only have USB 2.0?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 8:18 PM

This is a picture of my "USB Device Tree". Why does it say I have a USB 3.0 but I am only connected to USB 2.0? Does this mean I really only have USB 2.0?

No to answer your question.

Says right there USB3 bus, I suspect you have 2 USB3 ports.

Looks like nothing is plugged into your USB3 ports so nothing to report.

Camera, Keyboard/trackpad, and Bluetooth run off of USB2 specifications.

The USB Device Tree lists which devices are connected to which ports. Each device is listed underneath the port it's connected to. Some of these ports and devices are internal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2015 8:18 PM in response to szkussupport

No to answer your question.

Says right there USB3 bus, I suspect you have 2 USB3 ports.

Looks like nothing is plugged into your USB3 ports so nothing to report.

Camera, Keyboard/trackpad, and Bluetooth run off of USB2 specifications.

The USB Device Tree lists which devices are connected to which ports. Each device is listed underneath the port it's connected to. Some of these ports and devices are internal.

Trying to understand if my mid-2012 MacBook Pro has USB 3.0 ports -- I think it should but it seems like it doesn't?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.