Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X Serious Issue after "Pro Video Formats" update

So my first few days with El Capitan have been very rough, but now after installing the latest Pro Video Formats update, Final Cut will now no longer let me click any destination in the sharing menu. I usually share it as a master file, but now when I click "Master File", or any other option for that matter, absolutely nothing happens.

The video I am trying to share is in 1920x1080 at 60FPS. Before the Pro Video Formats update, this was not an issue. This machine has an Intel Core i7 and 16GB of RAM (Mac Mini late 2014 model) so I am sure that power is not an issue here.

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Preview failing

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 7:50 PM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 6:36 AM in response to DaSamNudge

Did you delete preferences? That is always the first thing to try (hold down command and option while starting FCP X and confirm).

Also, what version of FCP X? If you are not using the latest version, 10.2.2, try updating.

You can also try running FCP X from a clean new admin user account to check if the same problem occurs there as well. If it doesn't, then something else in your account, possibly not directly related to FCP X, may be at fault. This may also be related to what is causing other problems outside FCP X.

Suspects include startup items, old drivers and other things that may have come from times of old and that are not playing nice with EC.

Final Cut Pro X Serious Issue after "Pro Video Formats" update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.