Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move iPhone 6 photo stream to an external drive?

Using iOS 9.0.2 iPhone 6: My photo stream is over 1700 taking up about 7G memory - and my iCloud is almost full. I need a solution thread to either: 1) Move (then delete) all my iPhone photo stream to a Windows 10 pc external drive... or 2) dump my entire iCloud to a Windows 10 pc folder then delete the iCloud and start fresh... then I can upload some iPhone photo stream to the fresh iCloud.

I have tried the Windows 10 default protocols to resolve this by importing, but they only capture and open the photos in the stream. If I click "Import" and select my drive or new photo folder as the destination I get "Something Went Wrong Try Again" - but it NEVER works. When I click the Apple Support links offered on the iPhone there are only 2 options: follow a thread containing commands that DO NOT EXIST in real time, or "Buy More Storage" - huh? My only salvation is to give you money...? NOT!!!

I Really need help because I had to delete SEVERAL photos and 2 apps just to clear enough space for the 9.0.2 volume. Your chat agent made it clear to me my iPhone 6 16G WILL NOT have enough memory for a 9.0.3 or a 9.1 if and when they lauch. Then, of course, she tried to sell me a bigger phone --- again with the money???

HELP!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:08 PM

Have you tried using the iCloud Console?

(1106)

2 replies

Oct 15, 2015 11:48 AM in response to ManSinha

Yes. Currently, Windows 10's default programs/settings aren't compatible with my iOS 9's iPhone 6 photo sharing options, or iCloud's photo import/export options... and there aren't any configurations offered by AppleCare reps or Windows developers. I can't believe I'm the only person in the entire planet having this frustrating issue. Even if I "buy more storage" as iCloud suggests, it only allows photos to move off my iPhone's memory but still NOT import them to my Windows pc--- I can't print them, I can't embed them in an email attachment, I can't link them to a photo creation website to make tee shirts or coffee mugs... It's nuts!!!

AppleCare just ran diagnostics and says the phone keeps shutting down unexpectedly during photo transfers BUT THEY REFUSE TO REPLACE IT UNDER WARRANT!!!

Can a Certified Apple Tech please respond to this thread? Thank you!!

How do I move iPhone 6 photo stream to an external drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.