Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passwords and security

I have an iMac, two iPads and a macbook, I am concerned about password security

I use key chain

To log into an iPad is only 4 digit security

I am worried once someone has opened an iPad they have autofill on passwords

How do i restrict my keychain password memory to only my iMac and my macbook

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 6:47 AM

Hello al0007,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you have some questions concerning security on your iPad with iCloud Keychain. First of all if your iPad has iOS 9 installed, you make it more difficult for someone to gain access to it by increasing the passcode to either 6 characters or an alphanumeric passcode:

Change your passcode or passcode settings

To change your passcode or passcode settings, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode.
User uploaded file

You'll find several settings and options:

• Turn Passcode Off.
  • Change your passcode. Enter a new, six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
  • Require Passcode—Immediately: By default, as soon as you lock your screen, you'll need to enter your passcode to unlock it. If you don't want to need your passcode immediately, change this setting.
  • Allow Access When Locked: Allow access to some features when your device is locked, including Notifications View, Siri, and Control Center.
  • Erase Data: Choose whether to erase your device automatically after ten failed passcode attempts.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Passcode tips

Use these passcode settings to maximize passcode security:

• Set Require Passcode to Immediately.
  • Disable Simple Passcode to use longer, alphanumeric passcodes.
  • Enable Erase Data to automatically erase the device after ten failed passcode attempts.

iOS: Understanding data protection - Apple Support

However if you want to totally eliminate any chance of someone having access to your iCloud Keychain, then simply disable that option in your iCloud settings.

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 6:47 AM in response to al0007

Hello al0007,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you have some questions concerning security on your iPad with iCloud Keychain. First of all if your iPad has iOS 9 installed, you make it more difficult for someone to gain access to it by increasing the passcode to either 6 characters or an alphanumeric passcode:

Change your passcode or passcode settings

To change your passcode or passcode settings, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. On devices without Touch ID, go to Settings > Passcode.
User uploaded file

You'll find several settings and options:

• Turn Passcode Off.
  • Change your passcode. Enter a new, six-digit passcode. Or tap Passcode Options to switch to a four-digit numeric code, a custom numeric code, or a custom alphanumeric code.
  • Require Passcode—Immediately: By default, as soon as you lock your screen, you'll need to enter your passcode to unlock it. If you don't want to need your passcode immediately, change this setting.
  • Allow Access When Locked: Allow access to some features when your device is locked, including Notifications View, Siri, and Control Center.
  • Erase Data: Choose whether to erase your device automatically after ten failed passcode attempts.

Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Passcode tips

Use these passcode settings to maximize passcode security:

• Set Require Passcode to Immediately.
  • Disable Simple Passcode to use longer, alphanumeric passcodes.
  • Enable Erase Data to automatically erase the device after ten failed passcode attempts.

iOS: Understanding data protection - Apple Support

However if you want to totally eliminate any chance of someone having access to your iCloud Keychain, then simply disable that option in your iCloud settings.

iCloud: Change iCloud feature settings

Cheers.

passwords and security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.