Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie - how to change photo duration

Hi!

I have been reading a lot about the subject here on the support communities, I have tried everything, and nothing works. So here we go:

I am making a slideshow (pictures only) in imovie 10.0.9. I, however, would like to change the duration of all the photos and set them to 6 seconds (for example) each. I have tried to highlight all of them (cmd+a) and then choose Window- Movie properties (or cmd J) - settings-then slide the little slider depending on the duration I am happy with. The thing is, it does not apply to the pictures? I also though that I could adjust the time by clicking the ''enhance'' button and then clicking the time icon, but it's greyed out.

How can I adjust the duration of all the photos? Is there a simple way that will work?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 11:13 PM

Just figured it out.

I think...

Highlight the photos required in the timeline, then click the circle with the i inside in the top bar... it's in the bar where crop etc are shown, that brings up a little duration box below it to the right. You can adjust the timing there.

3 replies

imovie - how to change photo duration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.