Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootcamp stuck on partionning

Hi there,

First off - I apologize if the issue has already been dealt with - I just couldn't find a solution on the internet. my issue is that whenever I want to partition my HDD to install a copy of windows ( through ISO format ) bootcamp gets stuck on partitionning. But it's not the kind of stuck that you have when a program crashes. Here - i can perfectly do a cmd+Q to quit and it will quit right away, when I go into the force quit menu, bootcamp doesn't appear to have crashed at all and to not be responding. So I thought that maybe it would take a bit more time with El Capitan. I let the software do its thing, and it's now been 8 hours - and the bootcamp program is still " partitionning" which I know should not take more than a couple minutes at the most.

I've tried the SOS button to see if my HDD was messed up, but nothing came up. I run the newest OS El Capitan with an Imac 27 inches from Late 2013

I would really appreciate any help I can get on this issue, as I need windows for work.

Thank you for your help

T

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:47 PM

There are no replies.

bootcamp stuck on partionning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.