Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updated to ios 9 and later to 9.01 and 9.02 on iphone5s, unable to use phone to make calls or access contacts as screen freezes while doing the same, able to use all other apps, any fixes??? please help

updated to ios 9 and later to 9.01 and 9.02 on iphone5s, unable to use phone to make calls or access contacts as screen freezes while doing the same, able to use all other apps, any fixes??? used reset settings and was able to use to make calls and take contacts but after a while the issue comes back.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:12 PM

3 replies

Oct 20, 2015 9:00 PM in response to Knaaan

I am experiencing the very same issue. I even got a brand new iPhone 6 64GB from the apple store. Just out of the box it wasn't updated to iOS 9.x and still had iOS 8.4 installed as the base OS. So I powered it up and I logged into iCloud because that is where all of my contacts are stored. I waited an hour to successfully download all of my 3000 to 4000-ish contacts. I did not install any other applications; Just the default phone from the apple store and all of my contacts. The phone and contacts worked seamlessly well on iOS 8.4. I then upgraded to iOS 9.0.2 and all **** broke loose on my iPhone. Now I can only type the first 2 keys of anyone's name then the contacts application freezes for 60 seconds. Its very frustrating. I've had a case open with apple for roughly 3 weeks and the support rep while very polite and nice simply cannot do anything to help the issue at this point. iOS 9 is laced with tons of bugs. Please tell your peers not to upgrade and wait. Too buggy right now and renders the iPhone barely useable.

updated to ios 9 and later to 9.01 and 9.02 on iphone5s, unable to use phone to make calls or access contacts as screen freezes while doing the same, able to use all other apps, any fixes??? please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.