Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan issues with External Monitor

I've just upgraded my MacBook Pro to 10.11.

I have it connected to an Apple Display.

Since upgrading, my Display screen is blacking out about once a minute, then lighting up again.

Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mail

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 3:24 PM

Hello profaen,

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities! This is a great question and we’re glad you asked it! :)

If your Apple Display is flickering of turning off and back on there are a few different troubleshooting steps that I would first recommend. These steps are checking the connections, resetting the system, and resetting the resolution.

The following article has detailed information on how to complete each of these steps in the section labeled No video or no signal, image distortion, "snow," or flickering.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

We would like to hear back from you so you can let us know if these steps were helpful to you in resolving this situation or to provide more information. We are glad that you’re a member of the Apple Support Communities and can’t wait to hear more from you! :)

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 3:24 PM in response to profaen

Hello profaen,

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities! This is a great question and we’re glad you asked it! :)

If your Apple Display is flickering of turning off and back on there are a few different troubleshooting steps that I would first recommend. These steps are checking the connections, resetting the system, and resetting the resolution.

The following article has detailed information on how to complete each of these steps in the section labeled No video or no signal, image distortion, "snow," or flickering.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

We would like to hear back from you so you can let us know if these steps were helpful to you in resolving this situation or to provide more information. We are glad that you’re a member of the Apple Support Communities and can’t wait to hear more from you! :)

Have a great day!

El Capitan issues with External Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.