Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 and iPad 3rd Generation - Slow

I Have an iPad 3rd gen I recently upgraded to iOS 9.0.2, and the performance is almost unbearable. App switching takes 5 seconds on averge, text entry with the keyboard is often very slow, etc etc. Bluetooth and background app refresh are off. I disabled the cellular access on this device as well. Looking through an app called Status, I see that my CPU spikes to 100% when using Safari, switching apps, and other basic functions. I also notice that memory (not storage) is always nearing 100%. Here is a sample of what I see right now (16% wired 11% active 5% inactive 60% other, and 8% free), but the free amount is usually closer to 0.

Quite simply, I'm wondering if anyone has come accords similar performance issues with it being extremely slow like Im seeing and if they were able to get it resolved. Note that I did a restore with 0 data transferred from iCloud or iTunes to this fresh install.

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 10:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 10:55 PM in response to Rysz

I just tried that and same results. Mail is set to download only the previous month, and other default apps like contacts are synced. I don't have any other apps installed that store data on iCloud or other places, just the defaults that come with iOS. Additionally, I did the install 3 days ago and all of the data would have been downloaded by now (or way before). Also, I don't use iCloud for storing pictures...

iOS 9 and iPad 3rd Generation - Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.