Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9: codenamed "Lemon"?

As an Apple customer of two and a half decades, I can tell you I am just about ready to pitch my brand loyalty. IOS 9 has rendered my iPhone 6 barely useable. It crashes. The touchscreen stops responding until I do a forced restart. I can't save new photos (Yes, I have several GB of free space).

Is anyone in Cupertino doing QA? If so they are doing it badly. I don't mind paying a premium for Apple products if it saves me the hassle I am accustomed to experiencing with other less expensive products. Is this how Apple is going to operate under Mr. Cook? If so, I will take my business elsewhere. I have already replace my two Apple TVs with competing products. I'm happy to replace my family's four iPhones, iMac, and Macbook with competing products.

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:16 AM

You can let Apple know of your concerns directly at

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

This is a forum where your fellow users assist with technical questions.

Apple has a minimal presence.

If you want assistance instead of just a platform to rant, describe the problem(s)

you are facing, what troubleshooting you have done, what the results of the

troubleshooting were, and the exact complete text of any error message received

so that someone may offer a solution.

You should always choose to use the products that best fill your needs.

Enjoy your new phones and computers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 7:16 AM in response to bvburnes

You can let Apple know of your concerns directly at

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

This is a forum where your fellow users assist with technical questions.

Apple has a minimal presence.

If you want assistance instead of just a platform to rant, describe the problem(s)

you are facing, what troubleshooting you have done, what the results of the

troubleshooting were, and the exact complete text of any error message received

so that someone may offer a solution.

You should always choose to use the products that best fill your needs.

Enjoy your new phones and computers.

Oct 7, 2015 9:57 AM in response to bvburnes

Well I don't have a great response either because I'm in a similar boat. Factory resets and restore from backup seems to be the answer more and more frequently but holy crap that's a pain in the tuchus. Half the threads in this forum have the same stupid response. Restore from backup. Did you restore from backup? You should do that, or try a factory reset. Yeah, that's a great solution. Blow a weekend resetting all my crap. And for your problems, it's the best solution. It sounds like you might have got a bad install or something and I think you just have to bite the bullet. I've had widespread problems before and I hate the big hammer approach but it works. That's my real advice.

I had the iPhone 4 antenna problem, the IOS 6 battery drain issue, the IOS 7 imessage and battery problems, the IOS 8 GMT and wifi issues and now that I upgraded to IOS 9, I'm not sure what awaits. I had to reboot yesterday to get mobile data to work which was disturbing but I'm now just sitting and desperately hoping it's not a trend. I've had an iPhone since the moment I could afford one back in '07 and I'm starting to feel a little abused recently. Remembering the good old days and wondering where they went.

My wife runs flagship level Android phones and as I am her tech support I see all the things she has to deal with too. They aren't better or less frequent than my problems but they aren't worse either. I used to at least be much happier paying my Apple premium knowing my device was more stable with less problems. It's certainly feeling like the only reason I'm staying these days is for...imessage? I'll just go back to regular texting my family.

I used to be the guy who never, ever, ever wanted an non-iphone and now I'm trying to remember why. Habit and routine? The hardware, software and support are all on parity. If I'm going to have all the same problems I could cut my hardware cost in half and get something different and buy a really fabulous dinner with the savings.

iOS 9: codenamed "Lemon"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.