Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find quick link and "Redeem" for installing LION OS X I purchased. really do not understand why I can't find it!!

I want to upgrade my OS X 10.5.7 to the current version and found out I need to install LION OS X 10.7.

And I purchased it and got the code. However I can't find the "Redeem" quick link which is on right hand of Apple store.

I spent money, but can't redeem it....makes me crazy..pls. help me.

Posted on Oct 6, 2015 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 10:20 AM

You need to have Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 (or 10.6.7, or 10.6.8) which includes the "App Store" application in order to download Lion 10.7.

6 replies

Oct 7, 2015 1:40 PM in response to machiseattle

OS X 10.6.8 is the first release with the Mac App Store and the associated ability to purchase software or redeem purchase codes.

For those older Macs that can be upgraded to newer OS X releases, that happens via 10.6.8.

Call up Apple support and ask them about this; I'd hope that they would have mentioned this intermediate step was required.

I cannot find quick link and "Redeem" for installing LION OS X I purchased. really do not understand why I can't find it!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.