Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbookpro 2013 is showing a flashing question mark sign! I tried to reboot it by pressing command R keys bt it is of no help instead of showing disk utilities it starts showing internet recovery which is of no help!

My mac book pro 2013 is showing a flashing question mark sign! I tried to reboot it by pressing command +R keys bt instead of showing me disk utilities, internet recovery is appearing which of no help it ends up showing an error with apple.com/support 2002F! I dnt knw what to do! Please help

MacBook Pro, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:09 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 10:18 AM in response to j_nav

I can help you a little bit...that flashing question mark means it can't find a valid hard drive to boot up from. if you hold down the option key on boot up, it'll show you all potentially bootable drives (which doesn't help you much, I'm sure), so....press cloverleaf and R to get to the recovery partition on bootup, not option, Cloverleaf and R which would get you Internet Recovery. if you have managed to boot up the recovery partition, go to OS X tools and run disk utility

if that doesn't work, your hard drive might be toast, sad to say. I hope I'm wrong on this one, though......'

JB

my macbookpro 2013 is showing a flashing question mark sign! I tried to reboot it by pressing command R keys bt it is of no help instead of showing disk utilities it starts showing internet recovery which is of no help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.