Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seagate Laptop SSHD Internal boot Problem

My mac has been slow for some time and got some errors where it cannot be repaired and also when i formatted the drive to use it again also i am facing the same problem.

So i decided to buy a new SSHD from seagate with the capacity of 1TB. The purchased one is a Hybrid HDD. I did the below things

• I formatted the new drive to Mac journal with GUID partition map. First when i tried it internally it did not work.
  • I installed/ transfer the whole mac drive from the old to the new one via a external usb connection.
  • After i am done with it, i tried to install the SSHD internally into the mac.
  • I used all the options and i could not find the SSHD listed in disk utility.
  • At the same time when tried via external USB i can see the drive.
  • I switched the old HDD and i am still able to boot and the system works perfectly.(So i guess i ruled out the cable is not a problem!
  • Again i switched the new SSHD to the internal connection and try to boot and i see a folder with question mark bliking.

My mac is a Macbookpro Late 2011 model. The new SSHD is from seagate.

I do not know what is the problem and i could not think what is wrong here.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:00 AM

There are no replies.

Seagate Laptop SSHD Internal boot Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.