Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can I download Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5? My system seems was attacked by some kind malware.

As title, & I hope to reinstall my laptop. thank you!

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:01 AM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 12:09 AM in response to doncablin

You can download OSX 10.10 from the app store, you would then need to upgrade it to 10.10.5 again also via the app store. Also see How to reinstall OS X on your Mac - Apple Support

Or you can use Recovery (hold down alt on start up and select recovery if your computer supports it). But what do you mean with my system seems was attacked by some kind malware? Do you believe you have a malicious program or something? Could you provide more details?

Cheerio~

Oct 7, 2015 9:19 AM in response to doncablin

I'm afraid that OS X Yosemite is no longer available in the app store. You can download OS X Capitan instead. Alternatively, you can hold down Command + R keys during boot to use Recovery mode to restore a backup or do a clean install of your current OS X (which in this case would be OS X Yosemite). This will require an internet connection. Hope this helps and good luck.

Oct 7, 2015 9:57 AM in response to GhonaZ

Thank you for the attention, tho I just reinstalled the system, but the problem still exist: 😟

I was downloading Vuze, after that , I start to have many windows pop up when I go to a bit torrent site, So I cleared all the App it was downloaded during the time, cleared all cookies & history in Safari, but still, whenever I go to the torrent site , after I click on a movie torrent(for example), than always has windows jumps out as following:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

than I can't force to quit Safari, so I have to force to shut down my laptop, this is getting intense now, I am worry about my personal information. hope someone can give me suggestion about what to do, how can I clear those mass.. 😟 thank you!

Oct 7, 2015 10:46 AM in response to doncablin

1. In the Appstore in the Purchased tab is Yosemite (latest version) available for download.You do not have to re install.

2. The message on your screen is a SCAM, do not react at all. Quit Safari from the menu, then restart Safari while holding the Shift key, then in Safari open the Safari menu and do "Clear history and website data". That is all.

To feel even more safe, download AdwareMedic (now called malwarebites) from http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php and run it. That will remove all adware from your mac.

That is all.

Lex

where can I download Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5? My system seems was attacked by some kind malware.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.