Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning function of HP Officejet Pro 8500

I have recently upgraded to El Capitan and now the scanning function of my HP Officejet Pro 8500 a909 does not function.

I have been to HP support site which is not very helpful.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer but the scanning function has disappeared.

My next task was to load HP Easy scan. this loaded finds the printer but then advise the printer is not connected to the iMac.

Any suggestions please to get my scanning function back

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 1:13 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 5:18 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for this.

I did try and neither of these worked.

In the end I did something rather basic out of frustration and set up the printer in turn in each of the USB ports. On the 4th attempt it worked so I now know which port to use when attaching vis USB.

I am hoping to go back to using it as a network printer but will try that later. It still works as network printer for my non apple laptops!

Scanning function of HP Officejet Pro 8500

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.