Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX 10.2.2 takes hours to load clips (Need to revert to FCPX 10.2.1 How ?

After performing recent updates it is now impossible to use FCPX. I have now reverted OS back to Yosemite 10.10 and would like to get a downgrade of FCPX to 10.2.1 this was the level at which everything was working ok. Can anyone advise where I can get a download of FCPX 10.2.1 please.

Regards

Fred

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 12:38 AM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis, I did trash the prefs file but no joy.

I also after many trials decided to setup a clean new HD and download OS 10.10.5 together with new clean install of FCPX 10.2.2 however the problem still remained ie clips still wouldn't download.

I have now since managed to find a previous version of both OS 10.10.3 and FCPX 10.2.1 and now have FCPX working as before.

This proves to me that there MUST be some issue with either FCPX 10.2.2 or OS 10.10.5 or a compatibility between them both at this current version level.

Hope this helps anyone else sufering iwth delays loading clips.

Regards

Fred

Oct 7, 2015 7:02 AM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ, I did trash the prefs file but no joy.

I also after many trials decided to setup a clean new HD and download OS 10.10.5 together with new clean install of FCPX 10.2.2 however the problem still remained ie clips still wouldn't download.

I have now since managed to find a previous version of both OS 10.10.3 and FCPX 10.2.1 and now have FCPX working as before.

This proves to me that there MUST be some issue with either FCPX 10.2.2 or OS 10.10.5 or a compatibility between them both at this current version level.

Hope this helps anyone else sufering iwth delays loading clips.

Regards

Fred

Oct 7, 2015 7:12 AM in response to Frederick0245

I am glad to found at least a temporary solution by reverting to 10.10.3 and 10.2.1.

Just checking: you said you did a clean install of 10.10.5 and 10.2.2 and still had problems. A lot people had that combination without issues.

Did you try it on a clean installation of 10.10.5 or did you first migrate your user account from a backup or something?

The reason I am asking is that often people do a clean install but then they reinstall their old account, in the process bringing back the very stuff that was causing the problem!

Oct 7, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hi Luis, I used a new blank HDD for the clean install and just installed the OS from a memory stick I had made some time ago then downloaded FCPX from the App Store but when I launched FCPX and tried to import clips I just had the little spinning wheel at the bottom of the import screen. It's a complete mystery and doesn't make sense.

Fred

Oct 8, 2015 12:05 AM in response to Frederick0245

Frederick0245 wrote:

Hi Luis, I used a new blank HDD for the clean install and just installed the OS from a memory stick I had made some time ago then downloaded FCPX from the App Store but when I launched FCPX and tried to import clips I just had the little spinning wheel at the bottom of the import screen. It's a complete mystery and doesn't make sense.

Fred

Complete mystery, indeed.

FCPX 10.2.2 takes hours to load clips (Need to revert to FCPX 10.2.1 How ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.