Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using my IPHONE 6 in my Toyota Yaris 2015 with the Toyota Touch system I have 2 problems with bluetooth

I have a different problem

When using my IPHONE 6 in my Toyota Yaris 2015 with the Toyota Touch system I have 2 problems with bluetooth

1) The browsing is disabled (greyed out) when I play music through bluetooth

2) I cant send an SMS and cant get my list of SMS messages

Have not been able to resolve

PLEASE HELP!!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 1:29 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 7:33 AM in response to kitecoleman

ALSO

The Toyota user manual for the touch system states that the phone must support AVRCP 1.4 to be able to browse for music

I have not been able to determine whether the IPHONE 6 supports AVRCP 1.4. But I cant believe that this is the problem

Also I have tried all the standard things without luck

- reset and soft reset

- disconnect / connect etc

VERY FRUSTRATING

Still other than the music browsing is the SMS problems I spoke about abocve

Jul 12, 2016 1:56 PM in response to kitecoleman

The apple specs say that AVRCP 1.4 is supported under iOS 9 and browsing certainly works on my old 2013 non-GO Yaris.

It does not, however, work with the same phone on my new car, a 2014 Auris equipped with Touch and Go.

According to the Toyota support blog it is an Apple problem, it hasn't worked since iOS 7 and there is nothing they can do either for SMS support or browsing media via bluetooth. (http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-touch-go-how-to-play-music-via-bluetooth-or-a-us b-device).

Since media browsing worked on my Yaris the Toyota response is clearly rubbish but unfortunately it means we are potentially stuck between two sides each blaming the other with no hope of a fix.

Is there any chance someone at Apple could contact someone it Toyota and give them a nudge?

It seems ridiculous that a major motor manufacturer can simply say their cars can't support the world's most popular phones!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.