Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Win 7 to data doubler BootCamped second drive

MacBook Pro 15 inch 9.1 (mid 2012)

2.6 Core i7

8gb 1600 mhz ram

480 GB primary boot SSD Drive

750 GB Apple HDD

I installed working a Windows 7 Boot Camp image to my original boot drive. I then installed the OWC Data Doubler and moved the boot drive to the optical drive Channel. The original OS X installation booted fine from there but Windows 7 blue screened and its repair utility could not repair the install. I probably should have used a tool like GPT and tried to fix the MBR but I thought I would just do a clean install. After deleting the partition and recreating a new Boot Camp partition the install fails with error code 0x80300024. I tried using the 10.8 lion Boot Camp utility on the secondary drive and also the 10.9.5 Boot Camp utility with the same error. Option boot shows 4 boot-able partitions. 10.9.5 and 10.9 Recovery(both on the SSD on the primary boot channel) and 10.8 .5 and 10.8 recovery(both on the optical channel drive.

Is there any reason why Boot Camp throws this error from an install USB that works just fine on the Primary SSD (or the Apple Hdd if it resides there)?

From what I have read, this error seems to be thrown on machines with multiple drives. I would far prefer to keep my original Lion installation and not make the entire 750 GB drive a windows partition. What steps should I try next?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 15 inch Macbook Pro 9.1(mid 2012)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:12 AM

There are no replies.

Install Win 7 to data doubler BootCamped second drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.