Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone will not imessage one other contact

My phone will only let me iMessage to one person through my mac and not my iPhone. iMessage is on and activated for both of us and we're both in areas with good connections. My messages to the contact come up green and take forever to send, however, my messages come up blue on his phone. How can I fix this problem?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:37 AM

Same issue here, and we are not the only ones, see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios9/comments/3nr696/bug_imessage_not_saying_delivered_ and_sending_as/

It happens only with certain people and even not all the time, sometimes I get the received message properly.

If you have choosen in the settings to switch to SMS instead (if imessage does not work) the messages will turn green although the receiver has got them already as imessage.

This seems because of the fact, the "received" status does not pop up, although the imessage was received properly.

It took me two hours this morning to figure out what's happening with the messages going out to my wife and while most of them turn green although she received them properly 😟

I disabled the "SMS instead of imessage" function now. Now they at least do not turn green and stay blue, but I still get no "received" status on most of them.

I don't know, if that has todo with it, but my wife is still on IOS 8......I tried it with collegues and my daughter, who are running IOS 9 and it was working there....but this might not mean anything, because my daughter can send imessages from her IOS 9 iphone to my wifes IOS 8 phone without any problems...

It must be defintely something on the apple side 😟

I tried to contact Apple Support, but I'm out of my Support plan...there already a couple of the same claims in the forum, it seems that everybody starts his own thread instead of searching first through the existing claims....this would be much more efficient and put more pressure to apple support!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 2:37 AM in response to nylander1

Same issue here, and we are not the only ones, see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios9/comments/3nr696/bug_imessage_not_saying_delivered_ and_sending_as/

It happens only with certain people and even not all the time, sometimes I get the received message properly.

If you have choosen in the settings to switch to SMS instead (if imessage does not work) the messages will turn green although the receiver has got them already as imessage.

This seems because of the fact, the "received" status does not pop up, although the imessage was received properly.

It took me two hours this morning to figure out what's happening with the messages going out to my wife and while most of them turn green although she received them properly 😟

I disabled the "SMS instead of imessage" function now. Now they at least do not turn green and stay blue, but I still get no "received" status on most of them.

I don't know, if that has todo with it, but my wife is still on IOS 8......I tried it with collegues and my daughter, who are running IOS 9 and it was working there....but this might not mean anything, because my daughter can send imessages from her IOS 9 iphone to my wifes IOS 8 phone without any problems...

It must be defintely something on the apple side 😟

I tried to contact Apple Support, but I'm out of my Support plan...there already a couple of the same claims in the forum, it seems that everybody starts his own thread instead of searching first through the existing claims....this would be much more efficient and put more pressure to apple support!

Oct 7, 2015 3:07 AM in response to bwinter

...and even the worst thing is, what I just checked now. The messages, which turn green then will be handled by the provider as sms, so you actually have to pay for them, although the recipient received already the imessage and the sms would not be needed.

So if you haven't got free sms in your contact, you are screwed 😟

My iphone will not imessage one other contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.