Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios9 update, lost FaceTime video

is there going to be another update sometime soon. my family can not see me on FaceTime since previous ones. I object to paying for technical support when it is not my problem.

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 1:48 AM

3 replies

Oct 7, 2015 12:20 PM in response to Nelcamera

Hi there Nelcamera,

It sounds like your phone isn't showing video from your device when you are on a FaceTime video call. I would start by quitting all the running apps on the device:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.
2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that force your phone to restart with the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If the issue persists, backup your device to iTunes, then restore it as new and verify that it works.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups
If it does, then restore your backup to either verify it still works and the software just needed reinstalled, or isolate the issue to the backup file itself.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Oct 7, 2015 12:34 PM in response to sterling r

MMany thanks for trying to help. I am on an iPad and actually did a complete reset when I realised the problem was mine not my daughterS in CanadA. The ridiculous thing is I took my iPad to my other daughters house and was able to FaceTime .... I think my wifi doesn't seem fast enough for ios9 as I often get a msg saying Safari is not connected..... It's very strange as Ive had iPad and same ISP for 3 years and used FaceTime without problems.

Oct 7, 2015 1:16 PM in response to Nelcamera

Thanks for the update!

Since it works on another network, you've isolated it to the network connection itself. I would next restart your router and/or modem by unplugging the power from it for about a minute, then testing the issue again.

If you've installed any new firewall or security software on the Mac, or if you can check the security settings on your router or modem I would take a look at the information in the following article:

Using FaceTime and iMessage behind a firewall - Apple Support

Ios9 update, lost FaceTime video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.