Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 9.0 pages hanging, no extensions, cleared cache and history, nothing seems to work but on a laptop using Windows 10 t=i have no problems whatsoever, any help much appreciated

Hi,

iMac running Safari 9.0 with El Capitan. Pages are not loading and very slow. It's not the internet connection because I am working on a laptop running windows 10 with Edge and it really is a whizz! I have no extensions, I have cleared all browsing history and cache, uninstalled flat and installed again, i have selected then deselected 'Allow plug ins'...restarted a 1000 times, I'm lost...any other ideas would really be appreciated, many thanks

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:53 AM

9 replies

Oct 7, 2015 6:20 PM in response to kaffip

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

Oct 11, 2015 6:44 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc,

I've tried this. I think the problem however lies somewhere with the wifi settings on my iMac because i'm also running a laptop with windows 10 and microsoft edge and the pages are loading so fast! and this is connected to the same router. So Safari is the problem here, i'm researching what it could be but I don't want to mess anything up, I've only had this iMac for 6 months. I have emptied cache from Library manually, removed website history and data from 'Develop', started up in recovery mode and safari behaving same with the loading of the pages pretty nothing just hangs. Not sure what to try from here. Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Oct 12, 2015 3:55 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi, Thank you for al your advice and help.

I seem to have fixed the problem for now. After following discussions on this topic and much research I changed the DNS and added 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 and it seems to have speeded the loading of the pages up, hope it stays like this! I followed advice by 'Carolyn Samit' so a big thanks you to her too.

😉

Safari 9.0 pages hanging, no extensions, cleared cache and history, nothing seems to work but on a laptop using Windows 10 t=i have no problems whatsoever, any help much appreciated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.