Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I did not deregister my previous computers - how do i do it without deregistering my new computer? Please help as I am not so young anymore.

I did not deregister my previous 2 computers, how do I do that now, as I have a new computer and many things do not want to sync. Please help as I am a bit on the elderly side.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 2:13 AM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2015 4:53 AM in response to yvettefromZAR

What do you mean by 'deregister' ?

If you want to deauthorise your account on your previous computers : Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support

If you mean changing the computer that you sync your phone to : Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive

Some of the steps on that page have changed slightly (it was written for a previous version of iTunes) :

5, is now File > Devices > Transfer Purchases

6, 'Reset Warnings' at the bottom of the phone's Summary tab in iTunes

7, File > Devices > Back Up

8, File > Devices > Restore from Backup (or Restore Backup button on the Summary tab)

I did not deregister my previous computers - how do i do it without deregistering my new computer? Please help as I am not so young anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.