Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand keeps converting, but nothing happens

Hello All,

I am trying to share my GarageBand file to iTunes - something I have done many, many times. It creates a mixdown, normalizes, and then goes to the converting stages. However, it just keeps the converting window up and nothing ever happens. I have left it to run for over an hour before having to force quit. I've made sure the location is correct, the file is not very large - only about a minute - and the name is well under 30 characters. Any suggestions? I have iOS 10.8.5, GarageBand 6.0.5 and iTunes 12.2.2.25

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 7:04 AM

clbock wrote:

Hello All,

I am trying to share my GarageBand file to iTunes

there is an issue with an updated version of iTunes.

for many people disabling the checkBox in iTunes preferences: Preferences -> Advanced -> Share iTunes Library XML solves the issue.

if that does not work, a workaround is to use GB's Share to Disk option instead of sharing to iTunes directly (you can then drop the resulting file into iTunes to have it added to iTunes' database, if you wish).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2015 7:04 AM in response to clbock

clbock wrote:

Hello All,

I am trying to share my GarageBand file to iTunes

there is an issue with an updated version of iTunes.

for many people disabling the checkBox in iTunes preferences: Preferences -> Advanced -> Share iTunes Library XML solves the issue.

if that does not work, a workaround is to use GB's Share to Disk option instead of sharing to iTunes directly (you can then drop the resulting file into iTunes to have it added to iTunes' database, if you wish).

GarageBand keeps converting, but nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.