Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod frozen mid update to iOs 9.0.2

iTunes came up with "unknown error" part way through updating my iPod touch to iOS 9.0.2 and lost contact with it. iPod screen now showing iTunes and USB icon permanently. iTunes can't see it. Yes, have restarted laptop, yes I have the latest iTunes version, yes I've tried hard resetting the iPod but nothing changes. HELP!!!😕

iPod Touch 2015-OTHER, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:21 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 5:26 AM in response to cherylfrombracknell

Without knowing the full wording of the error message (usually an error number is given in addition to "unknown error"):

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Oct 7, 2015 7:05 AM in response to lllaass

Thank you for this.

I tried the DFU mode solution and although there were encouraging noises from the laptop, there was no sign of iTunes recognising the iPod. I'm going to let the battery run down next. If I get anywhere with that,I'll let you know. I appreciate your help.

Just as a point of interest, when the iPod is connected to the laptop iTunes will not open and even after disconnecting I have to restart before I can get it to open. Don't know if that's relevant.

iPod frozen mid update to iOs 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.