Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any way to hard reset without Lock button?

I have one of those iPhone 5s with the broken lock button. I should get it fixed by Apple (they will fix mine based on the serial number) but they want it for a week to do so.

Anyway, I woke up this morning to my iPhone not allowing me to swipe to unlock. Since my Lock button doesn't work, I can't press the Home button and Lock button at the same to to restart the thing.

Is there any way to have the iPhone restart via iTunes when it's connected to my Mac?

What's weird is the Accessibility floating UI button thing on the iPhone does work when I press on the screen. Nothing else works. Swiping up for the camera doesn't, swiping to unlock, swiping up for the tools at the bottom, etc. But that floating rounded square thing with the circle in the middle does work and if I hold the Device/Lock button on that, I get the "Swipe to turn off" button at the top, but swiping won't work. So this is a bug, I guess, via their OS updates. Great.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 5:34 AM

There are no replies.

Any way to hard reset without Lock button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.