Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed Comodo certificate but seeing message saying "was signed by an unkown authority"

Followed the steps to buy and install a Comodo SSL certificate from for OS X Server 5.0.4 on El Capitan. All seemed to work fine but I am now seeing messages when using Mail and the Server app saying that the Certificate is not valid:

"This certificate was signed by an unknown authority."

I suspect I may need to add some kind of intermediate authority files but the documentation is not helping. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 3:33 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 3:54 AM in response to gazzeur

Ok, resolved this without too much trouble. The SSL certificate came with an Apache ca-bundle file containing the intermediate certificates for the Certificate Authority. Just needed to edit this file to create a separate .crt file for each of the two certs within (maybe just change the filename instead?) and then in Keychain Access, File->Import Items into System keychain for each file. Now I have the green icon and "This certificate is valid" and all is good.

Installed Comodo certificate but seeing message saying "was signed by an unkown authority"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.