Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map application not working on my MacBook Air

Running MacOS 10.9.5

When I run the Map application, it does not show any information, just a blank screen. If I search for a location I get the red Pin in the middle, but nothing else.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 4:01 AM

2 replies

Oct 7, 2015 3:14 PM in response to Mcyrhul

Back up all data before proceeding.

Step 1

From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Date & TimeTime Zone

Check the box marked

Set time zone automatically using current location

if it's not already checked. If the box is checked, uncheck it and then check it again. Test.

If the correct location and time zone aren't shown in the preference pane, then either Wi-Fi is turned off, or you're not within range of a network in the Location Services database. Under those conditions, the computer can't determine your location.

Credit for this idea to ASC member Easyas314.

Step 2

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Maps

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder

from the contextual menu.* A Finder window should open with a folder named "com.apple.Maps" selected. Quit the application if it's running. Move the folder to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Relaunch the application and test. If there's no change, quit again and put the item you moved back where it was, overwriting the one that may have been created in its place. Otherwise, delete the folder you moved. The list of recent places displayed in Maps will be lost.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Map application not working on my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.