Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

color profile problem (Old problem resurfacing)

Dear all,

I have this problem which, to me, seems like a problem that has already been dealt with but on my machine it came up recently and will not be fixed by supposed fixes that have worked in the past.

So this is the problem: Whenever I start an application which requires the graphics card in my macbook pro to work the color profile switches to a more blueish one. As I found out this problem occurred between 2007 and 2012 on older machines as well as newer machines from those times.

The machine I work on is a mid 2010 Macbook Pro 15 inch which has been upgraded by it's hardware as well as software. It has received an SSD and a RAM upgrade and is running the latest update of OSX 10.10.5 (untill El Capitan comes out ofcourse)

I have tried the following "fixes" to no avail:

- rebooting

- logging off and logging in again

- switching color profiles manually

- turning off the graphics card helps but degrades the performance of the machine which is no fix at all

- praying, screaming, cursing, petting, ignoring, or whatever petty treatment didn't help either (of course)

I have searched the internet for a few hours as well as the apple forums specifically but found no cure.

Is there a plug-in or a downloadable fix or anything else that helps to solve the problem in stead of working for a little while and than failing again...

please help

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), mid 2010 model, core i5

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 3:05 AM

There are no replies.

color profile problem (Old problem resurfacing)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.